What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are a popular new service and product that lengthens and thickens your own natural eyelashes. Lash Extensions are single strands of synthetic eyelashes that are curved to replicate a natural eyelash. They are applied to each individual natural eyelash one by one for a natural, beautiful and luscious look. Eyelash Extensions are perfect for special occasions or for day to day wear.
How long will a set of Eyelash Extensions Last?
When applied properly, eyelash extensions will last the length of the natural growth cycle of your eyelashes. Everyone’s experience will differ based on day to day activities but overall touch-ups should only be required every 2 to 3 weeks. A special waterproof bonding agent is used. Glue does not contain any fumes or irritants and is long lasting.
How often should I get touch-ups?
We recommend getting a touch up every 2 to 3 weeks. If you wait too long your eyelash extensions will fall out and you will require a full set. Your natural eyelashes fall off every 45 – 60 days due to the natural growth cycle and are naturally replaced with the growth of a new eyelash. Other factors such as exposure to steam or rubbing your eyes may cause the extensions to fall sooner. A touch up is needed to fill in any lashes that fallen. Touch ups average about 45 minutes.
Can I swim, shower, exercise, or visit a spa while wearing Eyelash Extensions?
Yes. The bonding agent we use is waterproof and allows you to shower, swim, exercise etc. Special care is required but overall maintenance is low. We do recommend however that you do not wash your eye area for about 12- 24 hours after the eyelash application.
How do I choose the look I want?
Eyelash extensions are available in a number of lengths and thickness. We normally consult with you first to see what type of style you are interested in. We also determine what your lashes can hold in regards to size. Each person’s lashes will vary in strength and length. We take this into consideration when creating a look for you. The overall look of the lashes is very natural. 4 different lash sets ranging from Natural to a Glamorous Pin-Up look.
- Do Not excercise the day of the procedure.
- Do Not tan or come with a sunburned face.
- Do Not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure
- Do Not consume Alcohol or Caffeine on the day of the procedure
- Do Not wax or tint eyebrows 3 days prior to the procedure
- Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menustral cycle.
Aftercare Instructions for Microblading Procedures
- Do Not Pick or Scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- No water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on the treated area for 10 days
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3 to 4 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid profusely heavy sweating for the first 10 days
- No Facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks
- Avoid sleeping on your facefor the first 10 days
- Avoid swimming, hot suana, jacuzzi for the first 10 days
- Avoid Spicy Foods for the first 7 days
- Avoid Smoking
- Avoid Driving in open air vehicles, such as boats, convertibles, bicycles and motorcycles during the first 7 Days
- Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead.
- What to expect after the procedure?
- Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being removed from your eyebrows.
- Once completely heal always apply a sunscreen of SPF 30 and up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade more quickly.
Copyright © 2013 • askdulce.com • All rights reserved